Australian Coloured Pencils Network

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WORLD DRAWING DAY


Last Saturday June 7, was World Drawing Day. Fortunately I was demonstrating my colour pencil technique at an Art exhibition at Scottsdale in North East Tasmania. It took me two days to complete the study of rocks from a location about 15 kilometres from my home.
I used mainly Polychromos pencils (warm greys) with some Prismacolors for highlights, namely white, yellow ochre and warm grey 70%. I also added a touch here and there of Aquarelle black.
I have started using Stonehenge paper and am particularly fond of black which accepts Polychromos pencils with ease.
Regards,
Richard

2 comments:

Belinda Lindhardt said...

This is beautiful Richard :) I like how you got in all those water splatters :) How do you find the stonehenge ?

Richard Klekociuk said...

Thanks Belinda.
I find Stonehenge paper rather soft, almost "velvet-like" to work on. I still prefer the firmness and strength of Canson Pastel board, but I will continue to experiment with the paper and see how far I can go with it.